- ABF moving trailers are 28' x 8'6" x 9' (LWH) and they sit 48 inches off the ground – you'll need approximately 40 feet of length (3-4 parking spaces) for parking.
- It is the customer's responsibility to secure trailer parking at both the origin and destination locations.
- Parking permits are required in some areas. Avoid a parking ticket by contacting your city or local police department ahead of time to determine if a parking permit is required in your area.
- If you're moving into or out of an apartment complex or storage facility, get parking approval from management ahead of time.
- Choose a paved area for parking your trailer. Your trailer should be parked on pavement or hard packed gravel rather than soft earth or grassy areas.
- Moving trailers require an overhead clearance of at least 14 feet. Your location should be free of low-hanging power lines and tree branches.
You have more options if you're unable to secure safe and legal parking for
the ABF moving trailer:
- Move in a ReloCube® – ABF's moving and storage container. It's large enough to hold one room of furnishings, but small enough to fit into a single parking space. Reserve just one or as many as you need.
- Load and unload at the ABF service center closest to your home. Parking isn't an issue with this money-saving option! Pay less for your move when you choose a U-Pack terminal-to-terminal move.