Portable Storage With Reasonable Prices. Have You Met U-Pack?
No other portable storage service offers a better customer experience.
Low prices, an extensive service area, weatherproof equipment that's easy to load and unload, flexible moving and storage solutions, fast transit times, and highly-acclaimed customer service - it's everything you need and expect from a portable storage solution.
And that's exactly why so many customers call U-Pack the "affordable alternative to PODS®."
Curious how U-Pack rates measure up against PODS® rates? Call or click today for a free moving and storage quote - 800-355-1696.
Moving in a PODS® Container vs. Moving in a ReloCube®
Let's compare. The ReloCube®, U-Pack's portable storage unit, is a 6' x 7' x 8' (LWH) weather-proof container that sits flat on the ground. Like the PODS® container, it was designed for moving and storage, so loading and unloading is super easy. In fact, when you start comparing, you'll see several similarities between U-Pack and PODS®. But there are also some noticeable differences - specifically when it comes to price and service area. Here's how they compare:
- How much does PODS® cost compared to U-Pack?
The ReloCube was designed with the budget-conscious customer in mind. When you compare U-Pack rates with PODS® rates, U-Pack wins almost every time. And here's a perk U-Pack customers love: there's no down-payment or deposit. Wait to pay after your belongings are loaded.
- How does the ReloCube compare to the PODS® container?
ReloCubes are perfectly sized to fit into a standard-size parking space. That makes them great for small moves or moves where parking is an issue. Moving a lot of stuff? Not a problem. You can reserve as many ReloCubes as you need, and pay only for the ones you use. That's a benefit no other portable storage service offers.
- How do ReloCubes travel cross-country? What about PODS® containers?
U-Pack's portable storage units are delivered, picked-up and transported cross-country by ABF Freight System, Inc. - recognized as one of the safest, most reputable carriers in the nation. While PODS® does local pick-up and delivery with their own equipment, transportation across the country is primarily brokered out to a variety of transportation providers. Concerned about safe transport? Go U-Pack!
- How does ReloCube storage work compared to PODS® storage?
Similar to PODS® storage, U-Pack delivers the portable storage container(s) to your door for loading. Once loaded, we'll pick it up and store it securely at either the origin or destination ABF Service Center. When you're ready for delivery, just call, and we'll bring it right to your door. Get more information about moving and storage here.
- Is door-to-door service available with the ReloCube? What about the PODS® container?
As you compare U-Pack Moving to PODS®, you may find that the limited service area prohibits PODS® containers from being delivered right to your door. Thanks to ABF's nation-wide network of over 280 service centers, U-Pack is able to offer door-to-door moving in a ReloCube or moving trailer to over 90% of the U.S. and Canada (including locations in Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico and Mexico). Your U-Pack instant moving quote will indicate whether door-to-door service is available in your location.
Will U-Pack Portable Storage Containers Work for My Move?
U-Pack portable storage works for almost any long-distance moving and storage scenario. Call a U-Pack moving specialist today to discuss your move and get a free moving quote. Then compare U-Pack rates to PODS® rates. Join the others who say, "Go U-Pack!"
Can you relate to any of these situations? U-Pack just might be for you!
- Let's say you're moving from an apartment complex, and your rule-enforcing apartment manager tells you that you have two - and only two - parking spaces available on moving day. No problem. The ReloCube measures 6'x7'x8' and fits perfectly into a standard-size parking space.
- Let's say you're moving out of a two-bedroom apartment, and the space estimator says you should be able to fit everything into two ReloCubes. Your instincts tell you that you may need three. No problem. Go ahead and reserve three. If you end up fitting into two, you only pay for two.
- Let's say you just got a new job in California and need to report to work in three weeks. Here's the problem: you'll be staying in temporary housing for at least two months while you search for the perfect house for your family. Not a problem. This is exactly what portable storage containers were designed for. Just load your belongings and we'll store until you're ready for delivery.
- Let's say you're a graduate student moving cross-country to start your new career. You've only got a studio-size apartment full of belongings, and know the PODS® container is too big (not to mention too expensive), but driving a rental truck across the country isn't an option. No problem. The ReloCube holds approximately one room of furnishings - perfect for a college student without much to move.
Now that you know how moving with U-Pack compares to moving with PODS®, call today to see how much you'll save! U-Pack representatives are here to help Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. - 8 p.m. CST. Or get a free moving quote online anytime! If your U-Pack quote doesn't show an option or price that works for your needs and/or budget, call 800-355-1696 to discuss more ways to save!
PODS® is a registered trademark of PODS Enterprises, Inc.
Need boxes? We have plenty of moving supplies, including a broad selection of boxes that we'll deliver right to your door.
Send a Moving e-Card to your friends and family to let them know where you are moving to or to invite them over for a moving party!